Friday





The urge to entertain the idea of moving entered my mind today; Seattle feels like home when I'm a visitor. Really, what am I doing here exactly? I was driving in the dusk hours yesterday and the way the light turned all the darkening houses gold as the moon rose made me want to scream out how beautiful it was. People were walking across the street, driving, going about their day as any normal day would unfold. All these thread bare brushes of human interaction, the feeling of closeness then separation. Afghan blankets freak me out because they look too much like us, an aerial view of city blocks and forever city blocks. I have to keep squinting to find the people and then they are gone. As the sun sank yesterday, the houses turned on, front rooms, certain bedrooms on second floors, an occasional garage light. It  was so beautiful and quick. I had to tell somebody before it was all gone. All these lights stand alone entities.  I got out my phone then stared at it. It made me realize we are all truly alone.

No comments: